Duties and Qualifications
The County Assessor is an elected official who has the general supervision over and the direction of the assessment of all property in his or her county. The duties are prescribed by Nebraska Statutes, Rules and Regulations (Chapter 77), which have the effect of law. The following is a partial list of those duties:
- Valuation of real and personal locally assessed property with the county.
- Administer the assessment statutes of Nebraska law.
- Establish and maintain fair and equitable value on all real and personal property within the county.
- Review all applications for religious, charitable and educational tax exemptions.
- Maintain cadastral records (i.e., parcel maps) on all property in the county.
- Prepare abstract of value and certification of taxes levied for State Property Tax Administrator.
- Prepare annual tax roll for the County Treasurer.
- The County Assessor must hold and maintain a valid certificate.
General Information Available from this office:
- Three Year Plan of Assessment
- Tax district information on a property in Hitchcock County
- Ownership records
- 2015 Valuation information in Hitchcock County
- Eligibility information on Homestead Exemptions
- 2015 Land Values
- Agricultural Land Sales (map)
- Property Inspection Cycles
- Ag Stats
- 2015 Analysis of Agricultural Land
- Hitchcock County Assessor Soil Types Report
- Soil Tables
Property Tax Exemptions
- Charitable facilities
- Educational facilities
- Religious facilities
- Homestead Applications approved by Department of Roads and County Assessor